EMC/EMI of PCB in Automotive Systems
This application note considers coupling from radiating PCB to cable in car model. Near Field Sorce approach based on equivalence principle is used.
Near Field Source
- The simulation model of complete PCB can be substituted by equivalent Near Field Source
- Required information for Near Field Source is electromagnetic fields produced by ECU on surrounding closed surface
- Electric and magnetic fields for Near Field Source can be calculated without presence of most part of passive objects
Simulation Model Description
Voltage coupled into the cable from PCB modeled as near field radiation source in the front part of the vehicle is shown below.
The field radiated by PCB inside vehicle is shown below.
According to performed investigation the main conclusions are:
- Component level simulation of PCB is done using EMCoS PCB VLab for major preprocessing and EMC Studio for calculation of EMI/EMC of PCB ports and elements
- PCB can be analyzed on system level, as in described example of EMI/EMC in automotive systems using Near Field Source feature