Modeling of Bobbin Coil with Ferrite Core
This application note demonstrates modeling of bobbin coil with ferrite core in EMCoS PCB VLab environment. Dielectric and magnetic parameters of Fair-Rite 77 MnZn based material were used for modeling of bobbin ferrite core. Frequency range is from 10 kHz up to 100 MHz. Calculated input impedance of bobbin coil is compared to measured data obtained by HP 8752 network analyzer.
Simulation Model Description
Geometry model of bobbin with winding was generated using special filter components construction tool
The comparison of simulation and measurement results is shown below. There is a good agreement between simulation and measurement results in considered frequency range.
- Measurements of input impedance for bobbin coil were performed
- with HP 8752 network analyzer in EMCoS laboratory
- Simulations were performed with MoM based TriD solver in frequency
- range from 10 kHz up to 100 MHz
- EMCoS PCB VLab provides convenient interface for fast generation of different filter components with various shapes of cores and windings
- Definition of dielectric and magnetic parameters of ferrite core withВ frequency dependent data can be easily done with help of advanced materials library supported in EMCoS PCB VLab
- The comparison shows good agreement between simulation results for input impedance of bobbin coil with ferrite core and measured data
A. Gheonjian, B. Khvitia, D. Yeremian, Z. Kutchadze, R. Jobava, X. Bunlon FULL WAVE MOM SIMULATIONS OF EM INTERACTIONS IN EMC FILTERS FROM 10 KHZ TO 50 MHZ , 17th Interntional Symposium on Electro Magnetic Compatibility (CEM 2014), 1-3 July, 2014